Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Cheap Nike Air Max Salary range set for new Edison State College president
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Ask questions and share ideas of a general nature.
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Cheap Nike Air Max Salary range set for new Edison State College president
Cheap Nike Air Max Salary range set for new Edison State College president 10 Years, 6 Months ago  
Salary range set for new Edison State College president
individual : 8 numChar :2084 --> TOTAL ELEMENTS IN ARRAY: 16 TOTAL CHARACTERS IN ARRAY: 3748 TOTAL CHARACTERS IN PAGES: 2084 LAST PAGE CONTAINS: 1664 --> var artTotalChar=3748; --> Unlike his predecessor, Edison State Colleges next president will receive a base salary comparable to leaders at other similarly sized community colleges.
Database: Search salaries for the 28 community and state college presidents in Florida
The new presidents base salary will range from $211,080 to $316,620, according to an 8-0 vote by the schools board of trustees Tuesday. Edison, which hopes to choose from four presidential finalists June 1, set the salary range after facing criticism for paying former President Kenneth Walker an $832,000 compensation package at one point.
Walker, who ran the college for 21 years before getting fired in January for violating professional obligations of his contract, had a base salary of $322,400 plus benefits. At the time of his firing, Walker's total contract was worth $653,153 annually in salary and benefits, down from a high of $832,125 during in 2010-11.
I hope the public sees what this board is doing at these public meetings with transparency, board Chairwoman Ann Berlam said. We want to have a president who is respected in the community. We want to earn that trust.
Edison studied comparable colleges, such as Daytona, Indian River, Santa Fe and Tallahassee, and looked at national analysis from the College and University Professional Association for Human Resources to create the salary range. The average base salary for presidents at all of Floridas colleges was $239,Cheap Nike Air Max,522.
When we brought this up, I called (interim President J. Dudley Goodlette) and said, I dont want to set the salary before we pick the person. We should put some thought into this, board member Chris Vernon said. Thats what we did. Youre way ahead of me.
Edisons next president will also receive standard employee benefits. The benefits compensation is 28 percent of the base salary, Berlam said. So if the next president receives the maximum base salary of $316,620, he would take in a total compensation package of $405,273.
--> (Page 2 of 2) Included in the benefits package will be a car allowance, as Edison has campuses in Lee, Charlotte, Collier and Hendry/Glades counties.
We serve five counties so Im sure the president is going to be compensated for travel but it will be a flat amount. It wont be a percentage of the base salary,Nike Air Max 90, Berlam said.
The board will consider performance, years of experience, advancement of institutional goals and other factors in determining the presidents salary. Berlam,, who was part of the 13-member search committee that narrowed 40 applicants to four, said the salary range is sufficient to secure a president.
Edison spokeswoman Teresa Morgenstern said the four finalists would be notified of the newly adopted salary range. The four finalists are: Jeffery Allbritten, president of Macon State College in Georgia; Eugene Giovannini, president of GateWay Community College in Arizona; Eric McKeithan, president of Cape Fear Community College in North Carolina; and Joseph Sarnovsky, executive vice president and chief financial officer at Seminole State College in Florida.
Board member Eddie Webb III said the board created some wiggle room to pay the next president more than the adopted base salary range. The board inserted language into its President Compensation Methodology to deviate from the salary range if the entire board votes to do so at a public meeting.
In another effort for transparency, the board also said they would evaluate the presidents performance annually. The board plans to annually review and approve the presidents total compensation package.
This has been a very thorough and as open a process as I can imagine, Goodlette said.
Page Previous 1 2 Next (function(){
GEL.register("widget.PaginationWidget", {
type: "script",
depends: ["widget"],
requires: ["util.Selector"],New Balance Olympic,
path: "widgets/pagination/paginationController.js"
});
GEL.thepage.initializer.addInitRoutine({
name: "pagination",
callback: initPaginator,
namespace: ["widget.GELTabs", "widget.AdBanner", "anim.YUIAnimator", "analytics","widget.PaginationWidget"],
priority: 20
});
function initPaginator(){
GEL.thepage.artpg= new
GEL.widget.GELTabs("artpagination",Onitsuka Tiger Mini, {
changeEvent: "click",
viewtrackevent: "paneChange",
wrap: false,
scrollAnchor: document.body,
autoRotate:false,
positionBanners: true,
activeIndex:0
});
var
_bannerLocator= GEL.thepage.bannerLocator,
_a= _bannerLocator.findBanners(GEL.ement("remnantad")),
_l= _a.length
;
for(var i=0;i
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1